Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Baroque & Chic

Blue in perfect harmony

I bought these guess shoes almost 3 years ago, but I haven't had the privilege to enjoy them until last Sunday. I was determined to find a dress that would make them pop like never before. My first choice went for a solid color, maybe a white or peach hued number. But the more I thought of it, the more cliche it became. I wanted to bend the rules on purpose, wear it in a way that would cause controversy.

When I saw this Baroque & Chic body-con, I could instantly identify the resemblance of the blue with my shoes.  As usual as it seems, a head to toe blue themed outfit might come as an unexpected choice. The fear of modern fashion culture to match shoes with dress came in as an advantage. I certainly was in love with the way Valentino styled his baroque/delft dresses for his Fall/Winter 2013 collection.

At the same time I chose to wear a metal plate belt. The reason I think it works is because the print frames beautifully around my curves. It creates an inviting scheme for a waist belt. I didn't want to steal the show from the dress, belt and shoes, so I opted for a black and gold Alexander McQueen inspired box-clutch. I kept the rest quite minimal: no necklace and limited bracelets.




Dress: Asos
Metal Plate Belt: Asos
Shoes: Guess ( 3 years ago)
Clutch: Zara
Earrings: Bijou Brigitte




All pictures are property of My Personal Experience and are not meant for personal use, if you desire to do so, please contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your experiences, thoughts and ideas, I would love to hear!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...